CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

[TIP] Facebook Integration

Print topic Send  topic

lboeldt

Posted: 07/25/2010, 6:44 AM

I recently published an article about integrating Facebook Websites API and ASP site login/registration. You might find these techniques useful in your codecharge projects. See the article here:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/asp/classic-asp-facebookweb.aspx
View profile  Send private message
JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 07/25/2010, 12:43 PM

very interesting. I don't have time right now to study your article but is it based on the new Graph API?

I had been searching for some time for sample Classic ASP code to access the Facebook API but once they released Graph API I was able to create a simple bit of code that gets a token and then another brief bit that can post to the Facebook wall. I was thrilled at how quickly I got this working using their Graph API.

Posted: 07/25/2010, 9:28 PM

Yes it is based on the GraphAPI. All the articles and blogs from Facebook are based on PHP (not surprising considering Facebook is a PHP app). Graph API makes things a lot easier than the previous two FB APIs.

The implementation in the article uses the websites feature which is kind of a middle-ground between full server side and javascript implementations. Kind of the best of both worlds.
JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 07/25/2010, 10:42 PM

so, in your applications, do you request a token once and then store that assuming it will remain valid indefinitely? everything I read seems to imply that but I also read somewhere that the token could expire if the account owner changes their login.

Posted: 07/25/2010, 11:32 PM

I do assume the token is valid and always available once the user approves the app. I'll have do tinker with account owner changes and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login