CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Tabbed View and Tabbed Tabs

Print topic Send  topic

Damo

Posted: 03/09/2010, 2:55 AM

Hi

I am having great difficulty with this problem and I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to help me.

I have a page that needs multiple tabs, each tab shows different data and also has a search facility. Currently this works and when I search the relating data appears in each tab, my problem is that when I search on tab 2 or tab 3 it always reverts back to tab 1. Is there a way to be able to search on tab 2 or tab 3 and for the search results to stay on the tab I searched on? The search options on each tab are usually identical.

I have read on the forum to place the contents of each tab in an update panel, I have had mixed results. If I create a tabbed view and then create an update panel within the view and then create the tabbed tabs within the one update panel, and then create the required grids in each tab it does update all the information immediately but unfortunately I dont have any tabs as all the grids are on the same page and not split up as required.

I then tried to create a tabbed view then created a tabbed tab and then placed an update panel within the tab, then created a grid (grid builder). I did this for each tab and created an update panel for each tab, the information updates as required and the search results remained on the tab I searched on but the problem is that the remaining were not updating with the search results.

I have tried using one update panel but the tabs do not get created.

Any ideas? Also is it possible for the active tab to change colour to identify that this tab is active?

I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks

Damien
View profile  Send private message
Dreamcatchers

Posted: 05/26/2010, 11:36 AM

Damien,
In my experience this has worked best:
1) create an Update Panel
2) Within it create a tabbed View
3) Within it create a table 1 column x the number of rows for each tab
4) Create a tabbed tab in each cell of the table
5) Withing each tabbed tab use the record or grid builder and place your information
This is the same as the example in the example pack except I use tables in the TabbedView for easier visual management of the Tabbed Tabs

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login