CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Problems With Projects, Multiple Folders And Database driven Menu (builder)

Print topic Send  topic

snathan

Posted: 01/03/2010, 3:53 AM

When using dynamic menus and project sub-folders the links don't behave well. If you jump from one page to another in different sub-folders the menu references from the existing sub-folder and results in a page not found. The {page:pathToRoot}folder does not seem to work with dynamic menus as well. Solution: Add a slash at the beginning of the menu URL and then start with the sub-folder. For those menu options you want disabled add a # in the URL. Hope this helps someone.
View profile  Send private message
dunechi1d

Posted: 01/23/2010, 4:47 PM

Thanks you snathan for saving the day!!!

I spent at least 3 hours trying to figure out why "Menu Builder" menus don't point to the right place unless the URL is a full "http://" URL. Your solution works fine!

It's a shame and bizarre that this component doesn't work with out the slash hack. I wonder if when/if Yes get around to fixing the bug it will break menus with the hack...

Danny
dunechi1d

Posted: 01/23/2010, 5:09 PM

While we're on the "Menu Builder" topic, how do you prevent the menus from "Preserving" URL parameters? The Menu object doesn't seem to have a "Preserve Parameters = none" option similar to the one the link object has.

Any ideas?

snathan

Posted: 01/25/2010, 10:30 AM

Yes, this is something that I have been trying to figure out as well. Unfortunately I don't have a solution yet to this. It is kind of ugly to have those parameters floating around in the URL and might cause issues sometimes - I hear you! No solution yet though, sorry.
dunechi1d

Posted: 01/25/2010, 10:54 AM

A hack to solve the "preserved parameters" problem is to add a # character at the end of the URL. The preserved parameters have no effect as they appear after the #. The resulting URL looks ugly but at least it wont have any surprising effects.

Hagen

Posted: 01/25/2010, 2:09 PM

You can switch to HTML code, and mark the link there..
Then you are able to do the same things as on a 'normal' link..

dunechi1d

Posted: 01/25/2010, 5:51 PM

Quote Hagen:
You can switch to HTML code, and mark the link there..
Then you are able to do the same things as on a 'normal' link..

The "Menu Builder" structure isn't in the HTML - it's hard coded into the .php file.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login