CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Tips & Solutions

CCS Win 7 MySQL PHP - ODBC Error Resolution

Print topic Send  topic

Rick

Posted: 11/12/2009, 10:09 AM

As I stated in an earlier 'Tip' in a similar post, not sure if this should be a tip. It would probably be a good fit for a forum topic something like 'Tool Problem Remedies' or 'Problem Resolution Tip'.

Error Messages I got after moving over development from my old Win XP Prof to Win 7 64 bit Prof laptop.

1. Error Window Name: Data Link Error
Error Message:
Test connection failed because of provider initialization error. IMO14:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

First make sure you have the correct version of the MySQL Windows driver installed, 32 bit or 64 bit depending on which version of Windows you have. I did but I found a slightly later version and installed it.

The first error above seemed to switch the data connection to the Intranet db which I was not using for this project - I guess because it had a problem with the correct db.

2. Then when going into CCS Project Settings, Data Connectioins and trying to add the correct data source I got error message "Error Code 740: The requested operation requires elevation".

I decided to try running CCS with full Admin privileges so I did a right mouse click on the executable and ran CCS (CCS required a new activation to do this). I was then able to connect to ODBC and modify the database to select the correct one so problem was solved.

This brings up the point that I will have to remember to run CCS with Admin privileges whenever I make a db connection change in a project. Perhaps someone can add to this how to get around running CCS as Administrator thru some Windows 7 security setting or something. My last OS was XP so I am new to Win 7.

Related Links:
http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=107670&s_keyword=odbc+error

Rick
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login