CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Tips & Solutions

 Correct Project Translations Problem

Print topic Send  topic

Author Message
Rick

Posts: 52
Posted: 10/05/2009, 5:50 PM

What I did to Correct Project Translations Problem causing what seemed to be bizarre CCS behaviors to me.

Not sure if this should be a tip. It would probably be a good fit for a forum topic something like 'Tool Problem Remedies'. Anyway, it addresses a problem that I do not know the cause of. It only happened to one project so I cannot say it is a bug - I simply do not know how it occurred. Though it may be there, I did not see an answer in other areas of the forum.

Problem Background:

CCS Version: 4.2.00.040
English - I have not worked with any other language.

I started to get some strange behaviors in one project only.

For example, when using the builders to create search, grid, and record forms, NONE of the buttons were assigned a correct default text value. The buttons would all get the same text string of 'Submit'. Submit for the search button, the cancel button, etc. I had to manually replace the text for each button to the proper text.

Another problem was that the calendar pop-up was also not displaying properly.

Also, When entering data into the form, I would simply get the error message 'CCS_RequiredField' for fields that were required to have an entry even though the caption property that is supposed to display as part of the error message was set.

I determined that the problem was the Project Settings 'translations' file. Virtually all of the translations were missing. I am not sure how this happened as I do not think I ever touched it and always just leave the default English setting.

I tried republishing the whole project but the problem persisted.

I tried looking through the fourm. I looked at the xml in "C:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Components\Translations\Site\" mentioned by Peterr in http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=48798&s_keyword=xml and my CCS xml file looked fine.

I looked through the directory of this problem project and a good project to see what was different. I also compared the text of the common CCS files to see what was different. I found that the en.txt file was different in the two projects. I was able to correct this by copying the 'en.txt' file from the project directory of a project without this problem to the project directory with the problem. I then had to close the problem project and reopen it. It then used the new 'en.txt' file and the translations were OK.

I republished the project again and everything seems OK. (I tried to republish the project before closing it down but it did not work until I closed the project first).

I had not worked with translations files previously so this problem was not apparent to me and I spent a several hours trying to track it down. I did notice in this process that you can export translations from the Project, Settings menu then select Locales and Encodings, then the Translations button, then the Export button. I presume that may have also been a way to correct the problem. In other words Export from a good project and then import into the problem project.

Rick
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   


These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login


Powered by UltraApps Forum created with CodeCharge Studio
Copyright 2003-2004 by UltraApps.com  and YesSoftware, Inc.