CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Sample Pack.

Print topic Send  topic

Crotten

Posted: 04/26/2009, 1:17 PM

:-<

I'm trying the Example Pack to get more familiar with CCS4. I have the following exerpt and can't seem to get the "Fourth One". Here are the steps from the Recreate...:

Steps to recreate

--->>> OK here
1. Create a HTML table with two columns. One issue here. I can't seem to change the column size of this table so it "Nudges next to the right side table" like in the example. It is on the Left side of the browser, while the second table (right hand side) is on the right.

2. In the left column cell of the HTML table, use the Grid Builder to create the 'Employee' Grid based on the employees table with two columns: emp_id and emp_name.

3. Convert the emp_name field to a link that points to the current page and passes an emp_id output parameter. Use the Href Source property to configure the link and the output parameter.

--->>> Problems start here:
4. In the bottom row of the Grid, add a Add New Link control and set it's Href Source property to the current page and add the text emp_id into the Remove Parameters property.
---> Don't see the "Remove Parameters Option"

--->>> I can do this, but it doesn't accomplish the desired results cause of the above...
5. In the right column cell of the HTML table, use the Record Builder to create a record maintenance form based on the employees table with the following three fields: emp_name, title and department_id.

--->>> No sense going further if Step #4 doesn't work.

What did I do wrong in Step 4???

Thanks.
View profile  Send private message
Crotten

Posted: 04/26/2009, 5:35 PM

:-)

OK all, got this figured out by creating a "Dummy" project and loading the appropriate Sample Pack files into the "Dummy" project.

Misconception (and perhaps more [exacting instructions]), The "Recreate" in essence says "Link", I of course being somewhat anal retentive, created a Hyperlink - DOH!

Anyway, I figured it out and appreciate the help.

Cheers....
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login