CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

GetUser...

Print topic Send  topic

breault

Posted: 03/24/2009, 1:50 PM

Hi All,

I want to only display users that belong to the same location. I have a field in the Users table named LocationID. There also exists in the Users table a UserID and various other fields. How can I best do this so that when going to a page the user will only see users in thier location. Here is the gotcha...users do not have to login. This is by design of the client I am working for.

Thanks in advance,
B
View profile  Send private message
JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 03/24/2009, 2:33 PM

hmm, if you do not have login and users do not have to identify themselves, it would seem to be an impossible task! you could try using cookies to ID them but they have control over their cookies. you could try using their IP address to ID them but depending on their net connection that could change frequently. you might want to re-think whether or not login should be used.

Posted: 03/24/2009, 3:08 PM

In PHP Classes there are some PHP libraries that can help you using IP location. It's not precise. It's possible to get an aproximate calculation regarding where is that IP located.

You're working in ASP, however, so must be something valid. Try searching in Google Web Toolkit....
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login