CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Modify Report Datasource Where Clause

Print topic Send  topic

ecsMike

Posted: 03/03/2009, 4:06 PM

I have developed a report that I need to restrict to a date range. For several reasons it is not desirable to display the entire result set for the report (very large table) and then use a Search / Sort box on the same page to filter to the desired date range. Rather, I have built another page with a Record Form and Date Selectors (start date, end date) that POSTS to the Report.

Can someone tell me how to modify the WHERE clause of the Report Datasource to restrict the result set to the Date Range specified by the POSTED values (DATE1, DATE2)?

I have tried everything in the Help file but if I try to modify the WHERE clause of the Datasource in the Before Select Event (or any other event for that matter), I get an error message stating: "Operation is not allowed when the object is closed."

I also cannot seem to figure out how to use SQL Parameters in the Visual Query Builder to make it work that way.

Thanks . . . Mike
View profile  Send private message
ecsMike

Posted: 03/04/2009, 11:50 AM

I have finally figured this out. Mostly had to do with idiosyncracies in the Pervasive PSQL database.

Thanks . . . Mike
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login