CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

MSSQL db connect string

Print topic Send  topic

david-h

Posted: 02/23/2009, 10:59 AM

Hi All at CCS Forum

It's been quite a while since I posted!

CCS 3.2.0.6 ASP Templates/MSSQL

Not having had anything much to do with Win servers for best part of 10 yrs (now I remember why!), I'm having a dickens of a job of setting up an ODBC db connection to a MSSQL database.

Does anyone have a simple straight-forward connection string for CCS to connect to a MSSQL db?

My brain is in such a scrambled state now, that I can't even decide which database to select in the 'Add New Connection' window! I think I should be selecting 'SQL Server' - is that correct?

Stupid thing is that I can set up a MySQL connection in about 2mins. flat! Crazy!

The forums look to be as lively as ever, which is great.

Kind regards

David
View profile  Send private message
dataobjx

Posted: 02/24/2009, 2:20 PM

I've watched this post for a few days and am puzzled by the problem you expressed.

You're using the CCS connection wizard, right? So, you need to select SQL Server from the pick list and then either use Windows Authentication or you need to supply the userid (perhaps 'sa') and the password.

Perhaps you've already succeeded in connecting to the db.
david-h

Posted: 02/25/2009, 4:18 AM

Hi Dataobjx

Thanks for your reply and apologies for not spotting it sooner, I checked yesterday morning, but you hadn't replied at that time.

I put the problem to one side for a couple of days - to let my brain unscramble - I find that helps sometimes - walk away and come back to it!

No, I haven't managed to connect to the db yet, but have to in the next day or two.

Yes, I've been using the connection wizard and selecting SQL Server as you suggest (so I'm not going mad!) and have been using the userid and p/w method. I'm not sure how to use the Windows authentication method to be honest. As I say, it's years and years since I've had anything to do with a Win server.

You suggest that I should use 'sa' as the userid? I've been using my full userid - doh...:-/

Thanks for your help and suggestions - it's much appreciated.

Kind regards

David
david-h

Posted: 02/25/2009, 6:49 AM

Hi Dataobjx

I've resolved the connection problem. I had to make configure myself as a user in the SQL database.

I'm now connected to the db in CSS, but can't view any tables in the db.

But at least I'm now connected, so it's only a matter of time until I crack it!

Thanks for your input.

Kind regards

David

david-h

Posted: 02/25/2009, 9:19 AM

[RESOLVED]

Connecting to everything fine now - phew!

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards

David

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login