CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

The trick about "ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78' - Operation is not allowed when the object is closed"

Print topic Send  topic

asoares

Posted: 11/07/2008, 9:37 AM

I have found this error sometimes.

THE TRICK: the error you see is not the error is happening,

Many times, your grid has some field that is not anymore inside the database (or you have changed text fiels for integer fiels, for example). You have to check all controls (includind sort controls) and see if they are referencing ACTUAL fields in the database. If not, you get this crazy error. Sometimes I have to delete the form and construct a new one. It starts working as magic.

In codecharge, the error you see is not the error is happening. Unfortunatelly. And sometimes you loose many hours or days looking in the dark side of system error bad information. I now fell happy when this occurs. It is much better then the many hang-ups that occurs in many edit CCS pages, in my XP. The system crashes many tims - and I have lost many changes. I have to save all changes all times, like a stupid.

Also the help, specially of new features, like ajax, is poor and has no examples. Instead of using this forum as a source for improving the help and having a better product, more user friendly, they use the forum for saying something like "the support has a solution for this issue". Web 2.0 is an opportunity to change this behavior. Currently, you will never have tips and tricks of solutions using the help: many times you will never know how to solute sharp questions. If Yes change his position, this great product - besides the technical problems - would be much more affordable. There are may great features - speccialy the new ones - that has no a single example - inside the help - how to implement them. Some links send you to Wikipedia pages - generic issues. Unbeliaveble.

Going back to the issue, just check all controls. One or some of them are appoint to non-existing database fields or are appoint to text fiels instead of integer fiels - or something lke that.

{}

Alcides

Brasil
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login