CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Please, integrate jQuery

Print topic Send  topic

kynext

Posted: 10/01/2008, 2:16 AM

Hello YesSoftware,

i think a lot of CodeCharge users (as seen in forum) use jQuery as main Ajax framework.

There is any plan to integrate it in next releases?

To everyone interested in jQuery: please reply to this topic to support this request.

Best Regards

Francesco Picchi, KYNEXT s.r.l., Italy

View profile  Send private message
roeya

Posted: 10/31/2008, 2:41 AM

I second you -

Please integrate jQuery

Posted: 10/31/2008, 1:12 PM

How does Prototype stack up to jQuery?
tallmik

Posted: 10/31/2008, 1:43 PM

Me too!!! Please integrate JQuery. A) it's a great library. B) clients are asking for jquery functionality.
melvyn

Posted: 10/31/2008, 1:53 PM

I like JQuery and use it frequently. I don't see JQuery soon in CCS because there's some conflicts between JQuery and Prototype, which CCS uses a lot.

Most of JQuery functions aren't focused to easy integration with an IDE. JQuery is very handy, I know and that's up to the user. Remember that after JQuery somebody will come asking for mootools and after for ext2 and after for qooxdoo, and...

After all, integrating one JS libreary into 7 languages isn't easy.

My point: CCS should set their focus to full support one or (at most) two libraries, which they are doing with Yahoo YUI and Prototype.

One IDE, 7 languages, and lots of js libraries isn't a good idea.

Just my 2 cents.
kynext

Posted: 11/01/2008, 4:09 AM

I like JQuery and use it frequently. I don't see JQuery soon in CCS because there's some conflicts between JQuery and Prototype, which CCS uses a lot.

>> i guess a tool to choose beetween prototype and jquery

Most of JQuery functions aren't focused to easy integration with an IDE.

>> please explain with some example

JQuery is very handy, I know and that's up to the user. Remember that after JQuery somebody will come asking for mootools and after for ext2 and after for qooxdoo, and...

>> jquery had been prototype killer, i think it is the most used framework within javascript, so why not choose it?

>> so, why not to integrate the most popular?

melvyn

Posted: 11/01/2008, 9:12 AM

Sorry, I'm not posting to argue about this, YesSoftware has the last word, not me, a single user. As I finished my reply, that was just my 2 cents, no more.

I forgot to answer that both JQuery and Prototype use very similar syntax, selector and so on ( I mean the dollar sign $(selector).action()... I know in jquery it can be replaced by jquery(selector).action(), that's not the matter here.

Quote :
Most of JQuery functions aren't focused to easy integration with an IDE.
>> please explain with some example

Sorry again, if you ask this, then I doubt you understand very well how JQuery works. For each function JQ can have lots of options/parameters, you know that. Also, you know that's changing all the time between versions. An IDE can't relieve over a framework with a diferent development path. I mean: if YesSoftware develop a new library to work with CCS then both products must have a similar development, a similar roadmap. JQuery developers don't work thinking in codecharge. Think about this: how many dialogs have CCS right now? 100? 500? 2000? I'm pretty sure about 1 thing: if CCS codes custom dialog for each function of JQuery, they'll need hundreds or thousands of new dialogs, dozens of which will change when JQuery add or remove some function in their new version.

The above paragraph jump us to another point: JQuery is very easy: just a line of javascript acting over an id or class; of course that's the magic of JQuery: you can do everything by hand. Don't have sense an IDE with a 5 fields dialog, with 15 options to generate 1 line of code.
And don't talk about JQuery plugins! That will multiply everything by thousand.

Quote :
>> jquery had been prototype killer, i think it is the most used framework within javascript, so why not choose it?
That's the line why I don't want to argue with you.
Well, prototype's fans, users, developers and so on won't agree with you. I've used both and stay with jquery. A prototype vs jquery discussion is better in their forums, sorry.

And Linux is the Windows Killer since I remember, 1998 or so, and stays in 1% of desktop market share and Firefox is the explorer killer and stays in less than 20% of market share, and AMD-Intel, and blue-ray/hd-dvd, and lots of more "iphone-killer", "Ferrari-killer", and whatever killer

Quote :
>> so, why not to integrate the most popular?

I use CCS with php, and I know java and .net, don't use ccs with them, other people do.
YesSoftware have done a good job maintaining compatibility between languages. Since they do something only to php and not to .net or java or perl or.. well since them, they won't have an uniform product.

To finish, only two question and answer only for yourself:
1) If you need some ajax behavior and ccs provides it to you with some dialog, the same behavaior (jquery, prototype or yahoo yui)... Why the ajax library matters? It have no sense.
2) If CCS can't provide you with the dialog to build the line of code and force to do it by hand... Why to include it in the CCS environment?

That will point to another place, just what I think.

Sorry, very big answer, I'm a simple customer, maybe PeterR can have a better answer.

Sorry again

Melvyn Perez
http://www.purocodigo.com
datadoit
Posted: 11/02/2008, 7:09 AM

Recognize that Yes does provide a SDK to create your own CCS dialogs.
If someone or a group has the ability, time and resources, I'm certain a
jQuery 'plugin' would sell quite well. See CodeChargeTools.com and what
they've accomplished with the SDK.
melvyn

Posted: 11/02/2008, 12:57 PM

I knew, but never got interested in it.
As far as I know, the available SDK is for CCS 2.x
I'm going to check it, maybe I get aware of it and/or may contribute in some way.
Oper

Posted: 11/02/2008, 6:28 PM

I dont think both at the same time wil be an isue.
since always you could use var $CIBAO = jQuery.noConflict();

and then later use reference $CIBAO(..................

but CCS/Yes should focus on improve what they have like melvyn said.
also Protoype/Ajax/YUI are really great addition to CCS.

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
tallmik

Posted: 11/12/2008, 12:28 PM

Well, yes you can massage things to get both prototype and jquery to work together, but it ain't pretty...

a) now you have to load more libraries.
b) tricky gettng stuff to work together allways... still some conflicts after you have dealt with the "$" issues.

I've thrown in the towel on my latest project re: CCS, and am back to hand coding with a light framework, as i need functions i can get in a jquery plug in that i can't find a match that i like for, in the prototype world.

Yes, i know one has to pick a path to go down, and stick with a given technology, but honestly... jquery is seemingly turning into the 800 lb gorilla in this product space. Heck... even microsoft is getting into the act.

http://jquery.com/blog/2008/09/28/jquery-microsoft-nokia/

So..... as this is the section for "Wishes"... I wish for jQuery integration. Anyone else?

M

p.s. i doubt there would be much of a push for moo tool integration... those moo-ites are pretty much lean code folk... no tool generated html for those guys :)
joejac

Posted: 12/27/2008, 5:39 AM

Hello everybody, and thanks for your posts on this wish.

I liked a lot to see integrated jQuery with CCS until I saw this wish. And I want to thanks a lot to melvyn for such a professional and clear explanation of the disadvantages of jQuery integration.

I love jQuery a lot because I do not program and jQuery allows wonderful things with so little code as melvyn previously pointed, but I love a lot, lot more CCS4 and I do not want to see troubles with its power and functionality.

Builders are the best invention after the "fire and wheel together" :)

I use PHP/MySQL, and what I want is more powerful and easy to use builders, is amazing how nice are all of them, the Query, the Flash Chart, the Report Builders, etc, etc.

I like more of that, like a CMS Builder (if possible) or a Forum Builder, and even better, the possibility to modify the building setup and re-build it, this would be superb, without the need to build from the beginning again.

I do not want to take the risk of a negative impact on the CCS development for a wish like this, I think Yes has done a great and very well thought job.

My 2 cents, so I will see how do I integrate jQuery by myself, for me this jQuery wish is canceled.

Best regards
joejac

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login