CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP.NET - InMotion Framework

[Resolved] ARTISTEER Project

Print topic Send  topic

FERAD

Posted: 09/19/2008, 9:54 PM

Is anyone else testing Artisteer with CCS?

Specifically with ASP.Net C#-Inmotion Framework.

Tried creating project with Artisteer. Several problems found. Here are a few major ones:
1). Have to change project language from PHP to ASP.Net C#-Inmotion Framework and recompile.
2). If using Artisteer, you cannot use application builder as none of the formatting will be comatible with Artisteer.
3). Header Menu and buttons do not convert and work properly.
4). Adding grids, records, etc. to project to not transfer Artisteer css formats. This has to be done manually with each object created.
5). At this point, project development only works one way with Artisteer, you must create the layout first (perfectly) then create your CCS project from that. If you need to go back and make changes to Artisteer, then you have to go in and manually reedit CCS pages again. For example, changing the menu, etc. in the header page.

Submitted support request to Yes Software as well.

I can imagine that once they get these issues resolved we will have an excellent software development package to work with. Until then, this is getting very frustrating. Or maybe I was being too optimistic expecting the programs to integrate well together.

The above are my experiences. I will continue to use CSS in my development tools and realize the limitations of the product.

Hopefully they will resolve these issues quickly with the 4.1 release.

FERAD
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login