CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Using session variables with Visual Query Builder

Print topic Send  topic

Damo

Posted: 09/18/2008, 1:20 AM

Hi

I have seen the example on how to add an expression using VQB and it displays the results for 'Las Vegas'.

I am trying to display results in a grid based upon my session varaiable.

I can display the session varaiable at the bottom of an asp page so I know the session variable works.

I have a table with a primary key called 'UPRN' and a session variable called 'SessionUPRN'. I have clicked on the grid and gone to Data Source and gone into the VQB. There on the where clause I have clicked the '+' and selected 'UPRN' as the name of the field then selected 'Equals' as the condition then have put in SessionUPRN as the parameter source and Session as the type.

Unfortunately this does not work and it displays all the records from the table. If I add a valid UPRN in the parameter source (instead of SessionUPRN), i.e "123" then it works. Am I using the correct syntax for using session variables? I have tried double quotes, brackets, curly brackets, etc. but it still does not work.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Damo
View profile  Send private message
tsgroman

Posted: 09/19/2008, 1:30 PM

If the session variable is named SessionUPRN then you'd put SessionUPRN in the VQB text box.

If the session variable is actually named UPRN than you'd place UPRN in the VQB text box.

Hope this helps...
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login